Tremper Longman summarizes the entire thrust of his book, Reading the Bible With Heart & Mind, in five simple questions:
1. What does this passage of the Bible teach me about God and my relationship with Him?
2. What does this passage tell me about how God has acted in the past?
3. How does this passage change the way I think about the world and how does it impact the way I live my life?
4. How has God chosen to communicate these truths to me through the Scriptures?
5. How does this passage present Christ?
Great questions to help us get the most of our Bible study.